Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ladies and Gents

Hey everyone!

Welcome to my blog page. I finally decided to start this so everyone could follow me in my somewhat hectic and chaotic life. The blog name 'seat belts optional' came to me a few days ago as I was adventuring around South America. Riding in a taxi late at night, I embraced the edgy practice of not wearing a seatbelt and after a close call with a red light, realized that it's a way of life. I am not a play-it-safer. I don't like living life within boundaries, or giving myself limits. I like random vacations, scrambling to the top of a mountain with nothing more than the song in my head to keep me company, diving into freezing water without seeing the bottom, exploring by moonlight, and traveling to a country where you don't speak the language. You see, we all have a different idea of what really living unbridled is, but throw caution to the wind. Live the life you were meant to live. Do things you are proud of.

And think, if your life were a movie, would you really want it to go straight to VHS?

Life. The seat belts optional version.

 
This was me as a child. Clearly, seat belts are optional.

4 comments:

  1. I like it. You were retweeted. Followed the link here. Glad I did. You rock climb?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kent! Thanks! Yes, I do. And its something I want to get better at over the coming years. I have had 4 shoulder surgeries to date, so it can be challenging at times! You ice climb at all? That's a new found passion of mine too!

      Delete
  2. No, I haven't started ice climbing yet, though the idea of alpine and ice does intrigue me. I would like to do Mt Hood or Olympia. I spent 3.5 years in Tacoma and loved every minute of it. I'm originally from Idaho. Sorry about the surgeries. Hope that gets better for you. I'm working on building up my rock climbing skill - it got in my blood and now I'm hooked. Right now I'm somewhere inbetween 5.9 and 5.10 depending on the route. My brother Nate can rock a 5.11. But he's been doing this longer than I have. I like your writing. I tried writing - short stories mostly - but my brain is just too matter-of-fact and i'm just not that good at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love it up here! So much to do. I don't know if I am a great writer (time will tell) but I think I am a fantastic story teller. Thanks for reading!

      Delete