Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Now that January is almost over, here are my goals for 2014!

Well January just kind of flew by, right? I was totally meaning to sit down around New Years and write out goals for the next year but New Years kind of came and went and then life happened. As it always does.

So, I am taking some time now to do this. I don't necessarily set goals or make resolutions, but 2014 is shaping up to be a really exciting and big year for me and it always helps me when I have them written down. Something about that makes them real, tangible things.

Megan's 2014:

  • Kick ass in triathlons. I am not sure how else to state this, as I haven't actually ever trained for a triathlon before so I don't even know what I am capable of. I could make guesses and assumptions, but that's not fun.
  • Set a PR in another Half Marathon - def sub 1:40.
  • Travel down to Guatemala and Belize with Caitlin. For obvious reasons.
  • Get a new bike. Obviously this is contingent on finances but I secretly want two. Shh, don't tell Joel.
  • Go backpacking at least three times this summer. Those weekends seem to slip by so quickly, but I love getting out there and enjoying the peace and quiet of nature.
  • I may be over committing, but why not? Summit Mt. Rainier.
  • Go to a NEW National Park that I haven't yet been to.
  • Turn 27 with grace. For those of you who really know me, this should be easy.
  • Maybe it doesn't need to be said, but no shoulder surgeries. Yeah, that's always a goal of mine.
  • Flirt with the idea of getting a puppy. I know, I am just scared to commit!
  • Buy all the workout apparel I can afford.
  • Do a century ride.
  • Hike a new hike that I haven't ever done before in Mt. Rainier.
  • Do one random act of kindness each month to cheer up a stranger.
  • Date night once a week with Joelybean - other than when one of us is out of town.
  • Continue to learn to just LET STUFF GO.
  • Read books.
  • Complete a half ironman.
  • Participate in a running relay race.
  • Continue my love for penguins.
  • Seize opportunities - to be kind, to be thoughtful, to be forgiving, to be bigger, to be better, to be open, to be peaceful, to be honest, to be fun, to be spontaneous, to be adventurous, to try something new, to grow.
  • Take more pictures.
  • Enjoy more moments.
  • Rely less on others.
  • Enjoy being outside as much as possible this summer.
  • Take a long vacation with my Joelybean.
  • Grow long hair.
  • Learn to French braid long hair.
  • Laugh a lot.
  • Run a 10k at 6:30 pace (or faster - fine by me).
  • Be able to change a flat tire on my own.
And I am sure many more wonderful things will happen to me this year that aren't on this list! 2014 I'm comin' for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment