Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Never a dull moment

Well, this past weekend was quite the adventure. I was hoping it would be a nice and relaxing weekend, and it started out that way! I spent some quality time with my Joelybean and his family (I'm meeting family - woah). Saturday I was laying in bed, napping like anyone should on a weekend, and as I moved around I subluxed my left shoulder. Subluxing means the shoulder almost came out of the socket, but not quite a dislocation. It almost feels like a dislocation, and scares me just about as much. I caught it and pulled it close, and my entire shoulder area started immediately hurting. Now, this is my left shoulder for those of you keeping track. I have had one surgery on my left and three on my right so far.

Anyways, I was supposed to run a 5k on Sunday with my mom. She was unable to make it because of winter weather (so sad) and I was on the fence about doing it. On one hand, I wanted to run to get a workout in if for nothing else. The weather was ok, but my shoulder was KILLING me. I had to deliver a gift to someone at the race, so I went prepared. Then I sad, 'Awe, what the hell? Who's it gonna hurt?' And did the 5k. I ran an insanely slow average mile pace, but I had a great time and I am glad I did! Afterwards, Joelybean and I went to lunch and REI before heading over to his brothers for a lovely family dinner!

My Joelybean and I at lunch.


I feel like this might be the beginning of a new adventure... another shoulder saga. Stay tuned. Doctors appointment next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment